Revolution 2019 is a three-day festival of Marxist ideas, hosted in London by Socialist Appeal, with talks and discussions on current events, history, philosophy, and economics.
This year's event commemorates Britain's revolutionary history - from the 19th century Chartist movement, to the 1926 general strike, to the political battles taking place at the present time.
With the status quo collapsing all around us, these movements provide valuable and inspiring lessons for activists looking to organise, fight, and transform the world today.
Buy your ticket now for this exciting festival and join the revolution!
REVOLUTION FESTIVAL 2019
Student Central, Malet Street
- 100 years since the founding of the Communist International
- Climate strikes, Extinction rebellion, and the Green New Deal
- The fall of the Berlin Wall: Stalinism's collapse
- China: from revolution to Tiananmen
- Marxism vs Keynesianism vs MMT
- Israel and Palestine - which way forward?
- Scotland and the national question
- The origins of the family - in defence of Engels
- The crisis of the European Union
- Marxism, immigration, and borders
- Alan Woods - author of Bolshevism: the road to revolution
- Rob Sewell - editor of Socialist Appeal
- Marie Frederiksen - editor of the Danish Marxist paper Revolution
- Fred Weston - editor of In Defence of Marxism
- Fiona Lali - national organiser of the Marxist Student Federation
- Adam Booth - author of Understanding Marx's Capital
- Daniel Morley - writer for www.socialist.net
- Hamid Alizadeh - writer for www.marxist.com
- Natasha Sorrell - NEU activist
Full programme and timings TBC.
We also ask that all those attending from London add an additional £10 donation to their order. This is to help subsidise the extra costs involved for those travelling from further afield.